Thursday, July 2, 2009

With and Without

Yesterday, Roslyn and I had quite a busy day. I had to do two of my least favorite things: go to the DMV to renew my driver license and shop for a new bathing suit. On the way, the skies opened up and we got caught in a torrential downpour. With only one choice, we made a run for it and got soaked in a matter of seconds. We laughed as we toweled off in the ladies room. And after about five hours (with lunch and a trip to Trader Joe's thrown in), we headed for home. It was a pretty good day.

I got home and found a message on the machine from the JCPenney photo studio where I'd taken Natalie for a portrait when she was seven months old. They called to let me know about a special birthday promotion for my child since her birthday is coming up this month. Wow. Did that come out of left field for me. And sent me into a sobbing fit. This is the first time they've called since we had Natalie's pictures taken. Now what do I do? Call them and tell them to take us off their list because my baby died? Or just do nothing? I don't know.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Beth,

I'm so sorry you got that phone message.

A couple of weeks before Alexander passed, we had photos of him taken at JCPenney. Since we ordered a memorial CD, I'm hoping we don't get that call.

Beth Fouser Adamo said...

I know you understand how these little things can be devastating. Thanks for writing. Peace to you.