Friday, July 3, 2009

July

My insides start to twist and constrict when July comes around. It's not quite as bad as March, but close. My birthday falls on the 5th of July and Natalie's comes three+ weeks later on the 29th. My birthday has become something I reluctantly "celebrate." Part of me feels guilty to be celebrating another birthday. How can I be doing this when Natalie isn't?! Part of me wishes it wasn't here because it means soon her birthday will be here and that will bring yet another period of agonizing pain, even greater than the normal pain I live with every day. What should be a happy time of year for our family is now shrouded in sadness. It isn't fair. It isn't right. But it is the way it is and I will try, as in everything, to make the best of it.

2 comments:

Jane F. Allard said...

Hello Beth,
I again was called by a sweet bird who reminded me that today is your birthday! The photo icon on my desktop says IMG_1652.jpg and I usually cannot remember what it stands for so once more do I click it. And out pops you and the girls, the pink dress photo and it says to me: something is happening: check it out! Happy Birthday from me and a sweet bird.
Love,
Jane A.

Beth Fouser Adamo said...

Thank you so much, Jane. I am so glad our little "sweet bird" keeps you in touch!

Love,
Beth